Friday, March 30, 2012

Too Blessed to be Stressed!


Today started out nice like any other, thanking God for another glorious day, and seeing my wonderful family awake and getting along with the activities of their limbs.  Somewhere after breakfast and before lunch it all went wrong.  There were a few grocery items we were in need of and I wanted to browse two little boutiques for small gifts for friends.  The hubby had training so it was going to be me and the little lady out and about.  We parked and commenced our shopping with smiles and songs.  That is where the happy story ends...  Inside the 1st store with no shopping carts available to strap her down, she wanted to run through the aisles grabbing things.   This type of behavior is frowned upon in majority of the German stores I have been in so I grabbed her and tried to shop a little faster.  She kicked and screamed because she wanted her freedom to roam.  I tried to buy her silence by showing her some stickers of one of her favorite characters.  That bought me two minutes of quietness but when the whaling started back we made a dash to the check out.  I didn't get the items we went in for I didn't see them or perhaps I did but my mind was thinking lets get out of here before the clerk says something to me.

Isaiah 58:9 
Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

The second store wasn't much of a difference except there was a cart.  She just leaned over to the side of that trying to grab items to throw in the cart.  When they were replaced on the rack the screams started.  I had a little more luck in here with finding items, I think the fact that I wasn't chasing her or trying to hold her while being kicked helped :)  SO the final two stores were grocery stores.  The first store wasn't bad I can't recall a major incident.  Then second grocery store was a different story.  In there we only had to get a special flavored yogurt her daddy loves so I planned on dashing in and out.  All was good and we were on the home stretch in the checkout line.  Can you guess what she spotted as we waited our turn to check out? Yep candy!  I said ok the chocolate eggs she loves with a toy surprise inside were on sale.  So I said we will get two.  She of course wanted them right then and there and we were 3rd to check out.  So she cried and screamed like I had pinched her.  Her nose started to run and she fell out all over the cart.  Finally she stopped because the nice lady behind us played as though she was going to tickle her.  After paying and thanking the stranger we went home.  

You would think the wild day would end because we came home to lunch already prepared.  Daddy met us down at the curb to carry our groceries up four flights of stairs but you thought wrong.  She barely ate lunch and wanted to play with our electronics and when she was denied she screamed and cried.  It was definitely nap time and mommy time!  Daddy was leaving for night practice and we would be alone again.  We had a battle to lay down but I thought I won so I came out to sit and check emails.  Ok it was a little too quiet so, I decided to go take a peek.  Sure enough she was into something!!  She was sitting in the middle of our bed covered from head to toe in my lotion.  Lotion I had brought back to Germany from the States.  In other words cannot replace it at this time.   So after cleaning her and the sheets, I told her I didn't want to see her face for a while!  She cried and screamed so I closed her door.  I needed "me time".  
After a while of her crying and I was able to talk to a dear friend (thanks Mrs. Truscott) who chuckled at the situation because it is what a typical sleepy child would do in that situation.  My daughter was no different than other children nearing her nap time, although at times I wonder am I the only mother going through this?!  After stepping back and looking at the situation and hearing my baby call out Mommy! Mommy! from the other room I did the only think I could do at that moment.  Asked for help.  No my husband still wasn't here but I called my Father (not my dad back in the USA), my comforter, my teacher, and just called out Shalom - Lord of Peace!  I prayed for help, so that I can help her in this time of need.  I asked Him to show me how to be a good mom to her when she is in distress and I am stressed.  He is always an on time God!  The tension left my body, and I felt I could walk in there and deal with anything.  Well not only did He give me peace He gave her peace as well.  We ate dinner, and played a little then at 8pm (her official bedtime) on the dot she was in her pjs and on her way to a deep sleep in bed.  I have to remember to thank God for the good and the bad.  The situation with my daughter drew me closer to my Father.   We have to believe that with Christ we can handle anything!  We have to ask the Holy Spirit to help us love in those tough situations and to give thanks.  For this realization I am truly blessed.  

Until Next time...

Psalm 62:1-2
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

3 comments:

  1. He's an ever-present help. Sending you what you need

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love! Just wanted to send you a quick message to let you know that I have awarded you the Leibster Award; an award presented to bloggers by their peers for their amazing sites. Your site is amazing and I am so proud of the spiritual growth you are experiencing and I cannot wait to see how much God is going to do. You can check out my shout out/me presenting the award to you here:

    http://www.greaterthanthegame.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-won-my-very-1st-blog-award.html

    Have a great day, and thanks for all the work that you put into making your blog a testimony of God's faithfulness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The Jesus in me Loves the Jesus in you! I value your friendship and spiritual guidance! Thanks for taking the time to consider and nominate my blog for such a special award. :)

      Delete