Saturday, April 28, 2012

All Day, Every Day

As I was reading my scriptures this morning I got to thinking...  What if my friends and family who I love only called me when they needed something, or just once a year to say hey.  How would that make me feel?  It saddened my heart to think that God could be feeling the same way!  Often we go to him when we have prayer requests.  We start off like we are at the drive-thru at a fast food place ordering a value meal on our way rushing to an appointment we are late for.  Oh and lets not forget on Sunday mornings we rush into church catch some of the message and may even have to leave early for another commitment.  We have to slow down!  We are really missing out on what really matters.  I have decided to really focus on worshipping the Lord.  Worship (appreciating God for his nature and worth) should occupy the core of our lives and not just a few minutes once a week.  I wanted to learn more ways to direct my life towards more worship so I found an article entitled Ten Ways to Worship Without Music.
  1. Worship through prayer
  2. Get in a regular habit of reading the Bible
  3. Obey God
  4. Tithe
  5. Build deep relationships with other Christians
  6. Share you faith
  7. Serve others
  8. Build into your life the attitude of thankfulness
  9. Begin turning over to God areas of your life that you have never committed to Him
  10. Live a life of purpose
These are things I can actually do daily to help me worship God in practically everything that I do.  To keep my mind focused on him and in return he will take care of me and anything I would otherwise be concerned about.  How awesome is that!  Don't let me leave out worshipping with music.  Listening to some uplifting music and meditating on the words I am singing can be an instant relief from anything that has come up that could have potentially changed my mood for the worse.  So try it with me.  Let's worship a little more each and everyday!  I am truly excited!


Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD. - Psalm 150:6


Until next time...
Grace and Blessings!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment