Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dying Daily

Have you ever been in class and the teacher was speaking on a subject and maybe you hadn't read that chapter so you just sat there and nodded along with the other students who seemed to be taking it in and right there with the teacher.  Well that is me some times when I am speaking with people who maybe have a little more knowledge than me when it comes to knowing Jesus.  They may have a little more experience talking with Him and hearing the Holy Spirit speak to them with more profound information.  I know God does not have favorites and He can use anyone for His purpose so this does not discourage me.  In fact it makes me want to find out more and more what I can do to have a closer relationship with Him also.  


So class the topic of today is dying daily.  What does that really mean?  I knew that was something as a Christian I was suppose to do to be more Christ like.  In my prayers I have been asking the Lord to help me be more like Him, to show me what I can do to get closer.  Well today I was sent a devotional that helped with just that!  It was about dying daily!


"[I assure you] by the pride which I have in you in [your fellowship and union with] Christ Jesus our Lord, that I die daily [I face death every day and die to self]." 1 Corinthians 15:31 (AMP)


Everyday we are faced with situations where we can snap back at someone.  Get upset because we have told our children umpteen (an imaginary number my mom use to say to my brother and me) times to do or not do the same thing.  Maybe it is as simple as passing judgement about someone.  We have to stop and think is this pleasing to to the Lord?  If not go ahead and be like me take a second to die.  Let all of those thoughts and reactions that we have let come up in our spirits just die off!  Stop take a deep breath and die in a spiritual sense.


Ok that is not hard right?  Well what about when we forget to think of the other person.  I sometimes promote self, elevate self and just plainly think too much about myself and my feelings in situations.  Stop and die!


Die to self, Die to flesh, Die to the attitude of entitlement, anything that changes my attitude to result in me acting wrong. 


Thank you Lord for opening my eyes and increasing my knowledge about You!  


Until next time, 
Grace and Blessings!


2 comments:

  1. Cesha, I really enjoyed this one:) Thank you for inviting us on this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber for stopping by to read! Have a blessed one!

      Delete